Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

YOU MIGHT BE FROM A SMALL TOWN IF...

I loved the last one---as unbelievable as it sounds to my kids, I actually had a "party line" out in the Choska Bottoms. I lived as far out between Porter, Haskell, Coweta and Taft as you could get on a section line of bad road. Haskell where I went to high school) was actually considered a long distance call for me to telephone my friends, and I'd usually have to ask the neighbor if she could hang up so I could call a friend!! "Cells" were just microscopic particles in or bodies that we learned about in biology back then---but I sure loved living in the peaceful country. I knew Monty loved me when he would drive his beloved  pride and joy candy apple red, 1973 Camero out to my house to pick me up for dates----most of the time after a storm, you'd just have to pick a rut in the mud, gun it and hope for the best!  After date two, he started borrowing his dad's pick up truck!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY---AND BE SAFE AT THE GROCERY STORE! IT'S A MAD HOUSE OUT THERE~


No comments:

Post a Comment