Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

STARBUCKS & COOKING WITH FORREST

Today I decided that I needed a day with my son doing something fun.  Oddly enough, one of his favorite past times is finding new recipes and preparing them, so I invited him to Starbucks, and a trip with Mama to the grocery store.  Our white chocolate latte and salted carmel coffee got us buzzing and off we went.  Two stores later we had all the exotic ingredients for our dinner, (had to hit store number two for a pomegranate and coconut oil.)  It all turned out amazing!

We made Talapia on a bed of kale steamed in butter, red wine vinegrette, and garlic, topped  with pomegranate seeds, celery, and green onion sauteed in coconut oil (we opted for the spray pan coat coconut oil for healthier choice) and brown rice fragranced with Old Bay spice with fresh squeezed lemon---one of my new all-time favorite dishes.

It's been great that Forrest is on a big time work out regime and only eating healthy, high in protein meals.  The bad part is, I'm the one sneaking into the Oreo cookies now, because I feel guilty if he sees me eating badly. He was the one that used to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The other down shot is that my house smells like eggs and tuna much of the time. Protein, protein, protein.  Thank goodness for Febreeze!!

Anyway, it was a great day with my youngest child.  Cooking adventures are always very rewarding.  YUM~~Hope you all get a chance to try a recipe that you've never made before soon, or maybe just a, hot, rich, caffiene ladden beverage from Starbucks to get you going.

No comments:

Post a Comment