Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Sunday, October 21, 2012

"ROCK ANGEL"---WRITING WHEN I SHOULD BE SNOOZING

I do this thing.  I would venture to say that anyone else with a mind for the creative does this as well.  I wake up between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. and begin writing in my head...I'm exhausted from only four hours of sleep last night but, on the bright side, I now have notes for two more chapters of my second novel, "Rock Angel."  I wanted to wake someone up and tell them how excited I was that my plot was developing nicely.  I lay there, beside my passed out husband, smiling at my self-proclaimed, clever ideas. I kind of feel alone, except for the voices and images inside my head---is that normal?

 They need to make a hot line for this.  "Hello---are you there...yes...ok...I have this idea for the main character.  It involves a walk around the block.  Technology has deserted the streets where years ago, skateboards and bicycles riddled the sidewalks.  Enter a cute, chubby neighborhood boy---he's  sitting on his porch eating Cheetos---she talks him into shooting hoops with her.  He gets Cheeto-cheese on the b-ball.  They become friends, she brings him a CD the next day etc., etc.  Just wait and see...it all ties in...it's heartwarming!"  Voice on other end of the phone.  "Wow!! I can't wait to read your new book!  Keep up the great work Mrs. French!!  I'm right here if you need anymore inspiration or encouragement!  Keep writing!!  Keep writing!! beeeep...Your credit card will be billed $19.95.  Enjoy your morning!"

I wish there was a device that could plug into my ear and automatically type out all the ideas I have in the wee hours of the morning. My most productive hours.  Reality hits with the rising of the sun.

AMC's "Walking Dead" just came on.  Gotta go.  Tonight I'm dreaming of zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment