Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Red Dirt Rocker Excerpt----

Hey sports fans---or music fans---her is another tid-bit from my book, Red Dirt Rocker.  Enjoy!

RED DIRT ROCKER~~

     My ears feel  hot, and are doing the proverbial burning from gossip, as I jump back into my truck.  I hand Heather the steaming, frothy drink and re-start the engine.  She's changed the dial to a country station while I was inside.  The radio is playing a song by Miranda Lambert called, "Famous In A Small Town."  It's a clever country tune that tells the story of gossip in a little town and how it can make some of its town folk "famous" in a not-so-good-way.
     I think to myself, as Heather and I drive down the main street of our one-horse town.  Mrs. Ruth Walton and I are definitely  on our way to becoming celebrities this morning.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment