Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Baby's Grown Up (tear)~~

Where has the time gone?

Forrest is the baby of the family, my youngest child.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was working at the First Baptist Pre-school, here in town where Forrest attended, starting at the age of 3.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was going on field trips with him to the Tulsa Zoo, the Hands On Museum, Blue Bell Ice Cream plant, etc.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I took him to his very first guitar lesson ever at the age of 4 at the Raper Memorial Library building here in Coweta, where he got a memo sent home for his first recital that stated that the children should show respect and, "not wear shoes that squeaked as they walked up to play their peice!"  (I'm serious...that was one of the rules.)  Needless to say we decided to find another guitar teacher, and he started to learn to play rock-n-roll from that day forward!

Just yesterday morning I had to drive Forrest to school for his very last field trip for school ever.  His FCCLA group was going to Oklahoma City to spend the night for a convention (and go to the zoo, etc. without me) and he didn't want to leave his pick up truck with his prized possession sound system at the high school overnight.

We stopped at Sticks 66 to get him a pizza pocket and orange juice for breakfast before he got on the bus with his group to leave.  Forrest turned and looked at me with the innocence of a 5 year old and said, "Man mom, this brings back memories---I feel like I'm in grade school again."  Tear...tear and---tear!

Oh my---where has the time gone?


No comments:

Post a Comment