Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Friday, December 2, 2011

  I'm having a busy day at Coweta Intermediate Grade Center with the fourth grade students.  I just love that age. They are still sweet and innocent, but mature enough to handle lesson plans on their own.  What a wonderful, well behaved class I have today.

Don't tell anybody, but I'm even getting some good editing time in on my book, "Red Dirt Rocker"----The students have been so cooperative that I have been able to re-read a couple chapters and make some edits.  I can't imagine it ever really leaving my hands and going to final print...I am always trying to improve it with each read through.  I received my contract yesterday and will be signing and notarizing it on Monday!!!  I am so thrilled!!

Woo-hoo!  Paarrty!!  Cake and ice cream anyone??  Speaking of cake...I made Paula Deans, "Gooey Butter Cake" for Thanksgiving---as she would say, "YUM!"  I added some chocolate and butterscotch chips to the recipe, and was given a big pat on the back from the family for it.  Paula's recipes are always a "no fail" choice.

Gotta get back to the kiddos.  So blessed to be able to work with young children.  They are our future.  Today, in the fourth grade hall at Coweta IGC---the future looks very bright!

Keep coming back and check for the excerpts from my book, "Red Dirt Rocker."  I promise they are coming!  Have a great day all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment