Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, November 3, 2011

No sub for the sub~~

Had to run to the doctor yesterday because my allergies are finally getting the best of me.  I'm not sure of I've mentioned I'm allergic to Fall.  I got an anti-biotic and a flu shot.  I woke up this morning feeling like a truck had run over me.  I was scheduled to sub today for the middle school by my house, so I sucked it up and went on in.  Half a box of tissue, two tylenol, a serving of my Z-Pac, and an allergy tablet later, I've got half of the day whipped.  

As bad as I feel, the 6th graders at IGC have still brightened my day.  They make me smile, and even the ornery ones were sweet enough to tell me they hope I feel better.  I also read the kids more sample chapters from my book, Red Dirt Rocker, and they were thrilled.  They are so anxious for it to be in print.  One young lady even brought her Kindle to class and said she cannot wait to order it.  It will be such an unbelievable honor to have my book in their young hands!

I'm finishing up lunch and have to go back for two hours.  Can't wait to get more hugs from the kids and then get back to my warm, cozy, comfy bed, put some Vicks on my nose, put a good movie on and crash out for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment