Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Delivering Thanksgiving meals in my teenager's pickup truck

Wishing everyone who reads this a very Happy and blessed Thanksgiving!  I am beyond blessed.  Watched my   grandbaby, Eddie Jett until 2:00 a.m. for Skylar while she was at work...then got up bright and early to go to our church and help with the community Thanksgiving meal.  Popped in Forrest's room, where it was dark and cozy, and whispered, "Do you wanna get up now and go to the church with me to help?"  Well, without fail, he rolled over, just as he's done every year and said, "Sure."

Now, anyone with a teenager knows how they value their holiday breaks from school, and the sleeping time it affords.  I am beyond blessed to have a son that has had the advantage to travel the world as a cheered-for rock star, that still wants to help others in the way that he does.  He's never let the position that God has blessed him with affect his humble nature to do good unto others.

My daughters always helped in years past as well, but now they have babies that they have to keep up with.  I am pretty sure, as their children get older, more mobile, and independent, that they will come back to the tradition of delivering Thanksgiving meals with us as a family.

Even if it's just opening the door for someone when you're doing your Holiday shopping, or smiling at someone who looks like they may need one, I can bet you will be just as blessed as the receiver of your small act of kindness.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for, "everything that is good and just"...and thankful most of all, for my God that will always help me deal with the things in this life that are not~~


No comments:

Post a Comment