Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Coming soon!! "Red Dirt Rocker" excerpts~~

Well, I made it official today.  I have committed to a publisher for my original manuscript, "Red Dirt Rocker".  I am waiting on their contract as I type this!!

Anyone who has ever taken more than a year to commit to writing from your heart day in and day out, backspacing and staring off into space until the "just right" word hits you in the brain, made your family suffer from lack of meals cooked, saw their house pile up with dirty laundry and dishes, or been in such a trance in front of your computer screen that your spouse could come walking in naked and dancing in front of you bearing a golden platter of  your favorite cupcakes on their head and you would never even notice, can relate to my life for the past two years.  I have been in a, "I've gotta get these words out of my head and onto paper" mode for over twenty four months, and now my dream of seeing my baby in print is going to actually come to fruition.  I feel beyond blessed, and my family will be so glad to have me back in the world of the non-writing-living.

I know there is still much work ahead, but to me, it is going to be the fun stuff.  No one has ever mistaken me for someone who cannot talk their leg off or listen to till them talk about interesting subjects till the cows come home.  I think PR for my book will come very naturally, especially since my book is for middle school and young adult readers...my favorite genera of people!  I love to visit and relate with young people, and hope they find, "Red Dirt Rocker", to be a fun, exciting and inspirational read.

I will have my release date given to me after the holidays.  In the meantime, I am going to begin posting excerpts from my book here on my blog.  I truly hope you enjoy.  If you are following my blog, please let the teens in your life know when I post entries from my book, as I think they will enjoy the subject matter.

Thank you all for your support and God bless!

 ps...no earthquakes today so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment