Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Monday, October 10, 2011

Well....here we go!

Hello to all fans of music, and mom stuff!!  As I type this, very heavy metal music is coming from my son, Forrest French's music room/ (really his old bedroom that we put a couch, his amps, and all his former band memorabilia in)...after his two older sisters moved out and he got THEIR room--for those of you that are not familiar with my son's music career you can google -Forrest French---he is the former singer/guitarist for the teen rock band, Crooked X.  He is now a free agent and back in his senior year of high school at Coweta High School---I'm a very proud mom.  He's a 4.0 student and amazing young man!

In our house, since he was 4 years old, it was never, "TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN NOW FORREST!!!"...it was always, "HEY, FORREST TURN THAT UP SO WE CAN HEAR WHAT YOUR PLAYING!!   Thus, I tend to say, "pardon me???" and "what" a lot...hearing loss.

I'm also the mother of two beautiful daughters, and three of the most cutie- patutie grandchildren ever!!  I'm a (young) Grammy, but not ready for the rocking chair....still rocking!

I am starting this blog to let everyone know I have written a book, "Red Dirt Rocker."  I hope to have it published and out for the world, (especially middle school and young adult readers), to see within the next year!  I am so excited to share Forrest's story.  A small town, straight-edge, country boy who has to choose between high school, athletics, and his simple life in Coweta, (Cowtown), Oklahoma, or the exciting, upside down, and thrilling world of an MTV Artist.   It takes the reader from his football practices, and band practices with his rocking buds in his Aunt Carmen's barn, to his adventures in the music scene, ultimately opening for the one and only rock legends, KISS before 35,000 screaming fans in Stockholm, Sweden!

Well, the music has died down.  I think Grandson number one kept pushing the door open and trying to get in on the practice...the babies LOVE the music!!  Nope...the acoustic session just started up with his friend Keith!  Ahhhh!  Besides the sound of a child laughing, Forrest playing acoustic guitar is my favorite sound in the entire world~~

Well. time to go cook dinner, as Forrest serenades the house with a new acoustic song he's working on---I am one lucky Mama!

So proud of Forrest and all his accomplishments, as well as my daughters.  Just remember to give them the tools of the trade, whether it be a guitar, bat and ball., computer, piano, etc. and let them AMP it up to eleven.

Rock on sports fans!

Jody French
Red Dirt Rocker Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment