Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Sunday, October 16, 2011

On the road again

It's now 7:40 p.m. Albuquerque New Mexico time on Sunday night...I haven't slept since 8:45 a.m on Saturday morning...Drove straight thru with my sister Shannon and my two crazy fun 6 and 7 year old nieces, Ella and Avery to see my ailing mother here in New Mexico...

We just go back from the pool.  The girls tell me they are the next Rachel Rays, popping microwave popcorn, and making tiny lunchable microwave pizzas.  I just got a mini cheese pizza stuffed in my face while I was on face book...It was incredible!

We have had a blast!  Had a wonderful visit with my mother who had to have her left leg amputated after five failed knee transplants.  She has healed well, off most pain meds and doing so incredible.   My sis, Shannon is recovering from breast cancer.  She is a traveling trooper.  She never slows down.  Has finished her last chemo treatment two months ago and is stronger than ever!  Just did a calendar shoot for the greater Tulsa area for turn Tulsa Pink Month...She's Miss December!!!  Rocking the "no hair" look and all!!  Just gorgeous!

What strong women run in the Puckett family.  I am very proud....and having an amazing time here in Albuquerque, New Mexico!  Whoops---gotta go.  My nieces, Ella and Avery are championship wrestling on my bed---about to knock my computer over.  Happy trails!  Correction...Ella told me it was not wrestling.  According to her tae-kwondo instructor, it's called grappling...I stand corrected.   P.S. she also informs me, she is a three stripped "white belt"!   lol...I;m sooo delerious

No comments:

Post a Comment