Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lazy Sundays

Had a good group in our Sunday School class this morning.  My husband and I teach the seniors in our youth department.  They are such a blessing to us.  Interesting to see where their lives will take them once they graduate this spring.  Forrest is in our class too.  Time sure flies.  Seems like just yesterday I was teaching his pre-school class.

It's a gorgeous day today.  Monty and I grilled for the family.  Meats-n-More rules!  They have the best brauts and chicken breast.  Just got in from watching Landon slide and play in the back yard.  He was counting for us.  "Six, two, ten, seven"...gotta love 2 year olds.

My daughters are I are laying around in my room now having some good lazy time.  They are talking about tattoos.  They each have several.  Some people have hang ups or harsh opinions on tattoos.  I think they are an artist expression when tastefully done and have great meaning.  I have one on my right upper back.  A fighter jet with the words "Black Bird Fly", (my favorite Beatle's song), around it with 3 little tiny stars.  I got it after  Eddie Jett was born and had had his medical issues.  We all got a "jet" themed or airplane tattoo.  I need to go back and get little tiny blackbirds trailing for each of my grand-babies.  Will be interesting to see how many blackbirds I'll end up with.

"Black bird take these broken wings and learn to fly..."  That song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it now. Long live the Beatles.

No comments:

Post a Comment