Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Friday, October 14, 2011

HOMECOMING

Coweta High School's football homecoming is tonight.  My husband and I certainly thought Forrest would be playing football in his senior year of high school.  He had played since 1rst grade, but had to give it up because of his music career.  I remember when he was 10 years old he broke his wrist in practice.  His  father, btw, was his coach.  Forrest was trying not to cry, but from the sidelines I could tell he was hurt. My husband Monty made him run his laps at the end of practice anyway, with Forrest holding his arm up to his side.  Needless to say I was incredibly upset when after I insisted we run him into the emergency room and found it was broken!! Forrest was so tough, my husband just thought it was a sprain.  A mom  knows better...After Forrest began touring and recording he just couldn't chance a broken hand or arm since he plays guitar.  It was tough decision for him.  We are a football family, but high school football comes and goes, but the songs that Forrest has written and recorded will be around forever.  I'm so proud of the Coweta Tiger's football team.  Ty Daniels, a linebacker that will eat your lunch, is one of Forrest best friends.  I'm so proud of Forrest for his achievements off the field too.


My family and I will be at the game tonight rooting the Tigers on to victory.  Forrest has been voted by his classmates to be on the Homecoming Court---quite an honor.  Our whole family will be there to see who get crowned king and queen for the night.  I can't believe my baby is a Senior in high school.  Can't wait to get pictures for the memory book.

GO TIGERS!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment