Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Home sweet home~~

My sis and I drove straight through from New Mexico yesterday.  Good to be back home in Cow-town.

As I was unpacking my toothbrush, trying to muster enough energy to actually brush my teeth before I fell into my comfy bed, Forrest yelled for me to come back to his room.  He was excited to show me the start of the new song he's written.  He's pretty amazing with a Mac laptop and some production software.  The song gave me tears.  Can't wait to see how it flows as he continues to work on it.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I'm sure he'll put a video on facebook.  For some reason he's been locked out of his youtube account, forrestfrenchmusic, for several months.  He can't figure out why, and is unable to upload new videos.  I'm sure he'll eventually figure it out or start a new one.

While I was gone, my precious Eddie Jett learned how to nod his head "yes" when Skylar asks him if he loves  Mama!  Before, he would always shake his head "no" to most everything.  I think he was just being ornery!  School is going so wonderful for him.  Skylar and I are just thrilled.  Every new thing he learns, no matter how big or small, is a gift from God.

My daughter Jessica has two adorable angels as well.  Landon, who just turned 2, and our brand new little miss Clara Jane who is 3 months old.  Landon is the cutest little mighty-might.  He's 2, but is still wearing some 12 month old clothing  He also has the most precious teeny, blue plastic glasses since he inherited his mama's far-sighted condition.  He pretty much stops traffic at the mall as does Eddie Jett.  Eddie Jett has an endearing smile that lights up an entire room, and absolutely cherub-like blonde, curly locks.  Baby Clara Jane is at the stage where we're all on pins and needles waiting to see what her permanent features are going to be like.  Is she going to have curly or straight, light or dark hair... are her gorgeous, sparkely eyes going to stay sky blue or turn aqua greenish?  I'm guessing curly, golden spun locks and  light, ocean blue eyes.  She's just started laughing out loud, so the family sits around her for entertainment making fools of ourselves to get her to cackle.

Landon and Eddie Jett call me Ga-Ga.  Apparently, Landon was asking for Ga-Ga quite a bit while I was gone.  A couple of weeks ago Landon came to his mama in his diaper and t-shirt, crawled up on their couch with his tiny sandals, velcroed them on all by himself and said, "Ga-Ga's???"  It was bedtime by the way.  I so would have gone and picked him up!

Ga-Ga is glad to be back home sweet home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment