Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Monday, October 31, 2011

Foliage on fire and Halloween!

It is a gorgeous day here in Oklahoma!  The trees are fiery red and almost neon yellow and orange in some areas.   It's Halloween today, and the little trick or treaters are going to have a wonderful night collecting their candy loot.  So glad they don't have to wear their coats over their cute and scary costumes...Forrest is still dressing up.  I think he said he was going to be a "Red Neck Tinkerbell"---go Forrest!  So glad he's not too cool to do silly things.

My little Grand baby goblins are going to be a tiny kitty, (Clara Jane), an adorable lion cub, (Landon), and Rio the parrot, (Eddie Jett).  We went to a barn Halloween party out in the Choska Bottoms this weekend, so had a trial run with the costumes and took lots of pictures.  They were so freaking cute!

This weekend I got my kitchen on, making owl cupcakes, orange pumpkin and purple star cookies, and mummies in a blanket, (beef hot dogs wrapped in Pillsbury crescent dough to make them look like mummies.  I put tiny dots on the eyes with food coloring.  They are the funnies things...I think they also look a little like Baby Jesus' wrapped in swaddling clothing too.  Guess I can break them back out for Christmas!

I'm on my way in to the Heritage Middle School to sub for the 6th grade for half a day.  Cannot wait to see all the kids.  They make me feel like a celebrity when I haven't seen them in a while.  I love getting mauled on the playground, with hugs and, "Mrs. FRENCH--S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am blessed to be able to work with them.

Hope everyone has a fun, creative, make-believe, and safe time tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment