Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker
Y/A novel by Jody French--Inspired by the adventures of musician- Forrest French

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Busy day-

 Had a busy day.  Physical therapy for a neck injury I received this summer first thing this morning, then off to sub for an amazing 4th grade class at Coweta Heritage Intermediate...they got a great note to the teacher, and
was told by the adorable little girl with curly hair and wire frame glasses that could hardly resist visiting with me for most of the day, that they just might get a popcorn party for being sooo good!  I love it.

Then...back to Tulsa, (where my physical therapy was earlier), to fight Mall traffic.  Hit the stores and was successful at guessing Forrest's dress shirt size by having the nice salesman undo all the pins in the shirt and let ME try it on.  I knew just how big it had to be on me for it to fit Forrest.  (Only a mom).   Bought him dress shoes, and a tie to go with his blazer with a gorgeous filigree cross embroidered on the back.  All of this, by the way, is for Homecoming Friday night.  Forrest was honored by being voted onto the Homecoming court.  Will find out who gets crowned that evening.  So excited.  He'll look very sharp.

When I got home from the Mall, Forrest and I had a fashion show, but had to pull the pants he's going to wear out of the dirty clothes so he could try them with the blazer and shirt.  Will wash them tomorrow.  He looked great.  Then he read to me a beautiful song he wrote after school.   Just the lyrics.  No melody yet.
It's almost a tear jerker.  More info later.  I think he wrote it for a very close friend who lost his father.  It's going to be wonderful.

Stopped by my daughter Skylar's to pick up a bag of my precious Grandson, Eddie Jett's pants.  He is so tiny I have to sew a cinch at the waist.  He has his first field trip for school tomorrow.  He's going to the Pumpkin Patch, and Grammy, (or Ga-Ga as he says it), is going with him.  I cannot wait!

As much as I love summertime, I also love October.  I like pumpkins and Halloween...Forrest and his bud Ty are going as Bevis and Butt-head.  Hmmm...not sure how to help on that one. (Insert Bevis's laugh here). Cannot wait to find out what my three little goblin Grand babies are going to be.  You can bet I will burn a lot of battery on my digital camera snapping pics though!



Blessings
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment